- Municipal employees
- Supply chain employees
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply strategic level financial management competencies to ensure effective, efficient and economical utilisation of public funds and resources at local government level.
At the end of this qualification learners will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of municipal finance issues in general, and their areas of focus in particular;
- Apply economic principles to municipal finance management;
- Assess foundations and principles of municipal practice in South Africa;
- Implement well-grounded and systematically developed principles in municipal financial management;
- Proffer solutions to municipal service management and delivery problems;
- Engage with the broader field of municipal finance management;
- Support as a strategic management leader in the field of municipal finance management;
- Contribute to others’ understanding of current and emerging municipal finance issues; and
- Demonstrate responsibility and adaptability as a professional in a municipality setting.
| Cost | R 30 000 per learner (Contact our offices for specials and group discounts)
| Duration | 12 months.
| Delivery Method | 6 four day contact sessions which are intensive with activities, group projects, assignments and presentations at the beginning of each contact session. Assessment - Learners will be assessed by Local Government SETA’s accredited assessors and moderators.